Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's my Life Week #1




I saw this awesome planner on one of my favorite blogs Homegrown Hospitality. It is a datebook/planner consisting of daily and monthly calendar pages, weekly challenge prompts, a variety of questionnaires, and lots of room to jot down memories, doodle, sketch, etc. I love that this planner has a theme. Each month there is a focus related to the theme and then weekly challenges to help focus on it. I am a planner..I love lists, I love order and I love having an objective. You can check it out at Log Your Memories. They has a print option and that is what I did last week. I was able to order the pages how I wanted them. I'll show pictures soon. I love it. I also thought it would help me be focused on my blog postings and will inspire ideas to share.

My 2011 theme is= "It's My Life"--sorry for the Bon Jovi song in your head right now. This is a great theme for me right now. This is the first year of my "stay at home mom" years and its hard spending so much time with myself. That may sound funny, but I have worked so long for other people and spending my days busy with mindless work that now it's like I'm walking around holding a mirror all day. So its time to focus on my life and the life I want to live.

January's theme is: Find your Focus (goals, challenges, projects, dreams): A chance to put the past in perspective and begin thinking about the year ahead.

Week #1 = Journal Challenge=Creat a list. See my list in the "Goals" page above..it's still a work in progress.
Week #2=One Word Challenge=Choose a single word as my focal point for the year. I'm still trying to figure that out, I'll let you know.
So every week expect a post about my weekly challenge. I'm excited. Even if you don't have the planner you can still join me with the challenges. ~~Jess~~


3 comments:

  1. Being a stay at home mom is very challenging especially if you have worked pretty much your whole life. You will find it rewarding and trying at times but you also get the chance to watch your son grow up every single hour of the day and you get to be there for Jeremiah's extracurricular activities. Good luck with everything and it's awesome that you have found something to keep you "busy" =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you found this site. I started one with an online diary and stuff but it's cheaply made and raggedy looking. This is an excellent way to let go of all those thoughts racing through your head all the time and get them organized so you can feel centered. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete